Saturday, March 17, 2012

This Week's Treat: Chocolate Molasses Maple Toffee

Um. YUM. Let me say that, straight off the bat. I am so deliciously in love with this toffee. I found this great spot here in Dallas that as toffee like fudge, and it has maple and pecans and is an orgasm in my mouth. So, since then, I have been wanting maple toffee more than I want sleep. So I made my own!!

This is more candy-like, less toffee-like, because of lack of toffee bits, but it's so crazy easy, that a toffee n00b like me could figure it out - BEHOLD: Delicious toffee that totally kills my diet:

Chocolate Molasses Maple Toffee



  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons molasses
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or extract - I didn't have extract so I used syrup instead and it came out fine)
  • 1 1.2 cups milk chocolate chips
Combine white sugar, brown sugar, butter, water, molasses and cinnamon in 3 quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring gently until sugar dissolves. Cover and cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes. Wash down sugar crystals from side of pan. Uncover and cook to hard crack stage at 300 degrees. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and maple extract. Pour into 15 by 10 by 1-inch greased cookie sheet (that has edges!!), quickly spreading mixture to edges of pan. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over hot toffee. Let stand 1 minute or until chocolate begins to melt. Spread chocolate evenly over candy. Let set (about 15 minutes). Remove toffee from pan and CRACK - the best part. Refrigerate after letting set - it tends to get a little gooey. 

Anyway, this is sooo good. You get a little cinnamon, and a lot of delicious. The molasses, which I've never used before, had a weird smell, so don't let that fool you. The toffee is amazing. If I bothered to get toffee bits and sprinkle those on top, it would be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment