Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Healthy Marriages

There was an article on Yahoo News today about what makes happy couples. I consider my hubs and I to be pretty darn happy, so I read to see if we were 'doing things right' as it were.

I was happy to see that pet names were on the list! You see, my husband and I are WEIRD. Flat out weird. We go to Ikea on date night. We have a stash of board games meant for 5 year olds. We make fart jokes.We make stupid dances up. and puns. Oh, the puns.

Example A: Bryan, literally JUST NOW, created the following conversation:

B:"Do we have a wok?"
A: "Yes."
B: "We do?!?"
A: "Yeah, we never used it. It's in the cabinet in the dining room."
B: "Wok you say?!?" ...lots of giggles.

And, we have lots of stupid nicknames for each other.

HIS for ME
Hunn-ney (not honey, but huuuunnneeeey drawn out nice and long...and most often, in babytalk)

MINE for HIM
Hunn-ney (see above)
Honey Boobhead. I have no idea why I started this. But I did. And it's what I call him.

In public, we are, naturally...less weird. We stick to the standbys: Dear, honey, sweetie...etc.

We started saying our weird 'hunney' thing so much that we would regularly call others the name as well on accident. We started going to family functions taking bets on who was going to "hunney" someone first. It happens a lot more often than you might think.

We also have stupid names and nicknames for our furry children.
Martin:
Chubba-wubb, Fatty fatty no friends (when we got Mochi it changed to Fatty fatty one friend), Fluffy nugget, etc...

Martin has his own song, of which I created...I'm like a 3 year old: "Maaaartin, you are so cute and fluffy, and I loooooove you!" To which Martin responds by peeing in my shoe.

Mochi:
She has no nicknames. Her personality speaks for itself. She also has no songs. Because she is not fluffy. This is how our minds operate.

So according to Yahoo, B and I have a fairly healthy marriage. I wouldn't call it normal, but it's very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment